With the improved food technologies and production infrastructures in this 21st century, there are more and more Malaysian are venturing into food related business whether opening a restaurant chain or importing or even producing their own brand of products. According to World Fact Book 2014, Malaysia food service industry showed a steady year-on-year growth percentage of just over 5% from 2009 to 2012 and is forecasted this growth pattern to continue.
With the consistent growth of competition in Malaysia’s food industry today, no brands or entities can neglect the importance and success of marketing role on differentiating themselves with the competitors.
For any newcomers, setting up a business itself is no simple task especially with the amount of considerations and efforts taking place to outshine your products and services against your competitors. Selling points to differentiate yourself including the cuisine, location, operation, deliverance, and the list goes on and on. Most food entrepreneurs will get through the 90% of a food business which is the operations & deliverance, neglecting the remaining 10% which is the need of strategies to pull punters to their food entities, and hence resort to improvising marketing activities alongside their live business operation whenever they deem necessary.